Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Burned out timer contact on Whirlpool dryer.

trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, September 26, 2014 6:38:07 AM UTC-4, gonjah wrote:
I've already ordered a new timer but, is there away to repair this timer?

http://tinyurl.com/np2pros

I still have the tiny circular copper contact disk. How would someone

adhere it back on if they had to?

Hi,
I'll try to use silver solder?

Bonus expert question: Why did it burn out??

TIA

Jim

It's toast. They fail because every time it opens and closes, it arcs
a little. Over time, the metal starts to erode. Then instead of having
a very low resistance, the resistance increases. That produces heat,
accelerating the failure. More resistance, more heat, until it fails.