George

Default stand for Nova DVR

Mine's out of particleboard. A cabinet weighted with hand tools in storage
and a shellacked MDO top for water shedding. Almost two full sheets of 3/4
board with compartments and shelves, and then the tools, seem to keep the
whole on the floor. Don't need to store sand in my small shop.

One end is fitted with metal casters, which, in normal use, with modestly
tapered kickboards are 1/8" off the floor. The other end has handgrips, so
with tools on the big bench, I can raise the end, placing the casters on the
floor for moving.

"william kossack" wrote in message
My outboard tool rest arrived today for my DVR. Tomorrow the DVR should
itself arrive.

I could build the wooden stand in about an hour if it warms up enough to
work outside. Or I could make a pilgrimage to woodcraft and buy the
sheet metal stand (I need to go there anyways to get the correct insert
for my chuck).

One thing is I need to put casters or a portable base on the stand so I
can move it around and then secure it with blocks.

Any suggestions?