Posted to alt.home.repair
Jason Marshall Jason Marshall is offline

Default What would you use for a 100 foot long clothesline 50 feet up?

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 12:38:24 -0400, "Not wrote:

How do you plan to hang anything on a line 50 feet up? I'm thinking you
may need 200 feet of line, so you can pull the clothes to the window.
They did this a lot in tenement apartments.

Yes. I would hang the clothes at the window, and then roll the line down
and reverse that flow to bring the clothes back.

That's why it doesn't matter how high the line is, except to point out
that you can't reach it from the ground.