Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default devices of unecessary complexity

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 10:39:09 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
om...

Larry Jaques wrote:

That's cool. I envy your vast knowledge/experience base. (I only
made
it to half vast.) Had I wanted to go to college, I likely would
have
taken both electrical and mechanical engineering courses. My
parents
offered to pay the price. But I was too fed up with people, being a
hermit by nature. I chose auto mechanic tech school over college,
as
machines don't talk back.

Sure they do. You can even carry on conversations with some of
them.
I told more than one piece of equipment that if it didn't behave I
would
scrap it for parts.

Machines with intermittent faults behave perfectly when I come near
them.

But only when we're there troubleshooting them, right? BTDT.

You never did TV repair, did you? You et six blocks from the service
location when the dispatcher calls and tells you it was canceled because
it started working.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.