Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default What would you use for a 100 foot long clothesline 50 feet up?

wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 12:43:20 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

I would go to an army surplus store if one is near you or get on ebay and
look for what is often called 550 cord. It can also becalled paracord or
parachute cord.

Horrible choice. What is sold as para cord has a poly jacket and will
be shredded by the sun in short order
There may be a nylon para cord somewhere but it is not what most of
these "surplus" places sell. BTDT.

I guess there are lots of aftermarket knockoffs of the 550 paracord. The
true cord that meets mil spec should hold up well. I have had some up around
10 years holding up a wire around 130 feet long between trees for 2 of my
ham radio wire antennas.

Here is what is said for the true paracord.
a.. ? FEATURES OF THIS MIL-SPEC PARACORD 550: 100% Nylon, EIGHT (not
seven!) removable twisted inner strands, each made up of THREE (not two!)
twisted inside strands. Includes a visible Manufacturer's Colored
Identification Marker Strand of either GREEN or YELLOW. Preshrunk, and will
not rot or mildew. Resists ultra-violet light, abrasion and tangling.
Average breaking strength is in excess of 600 pounds.
b..

---