Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default devices of unecessary complexity

wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 09:09:45 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 10:39:09 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
news:a8udndHx09syvbzJnZ2dnUVZ_uKdnZ2d@earthlink .com...

Larry Jaques wrote:

machines don't talk back.

Sure they do. You can even carry on conversations with some of
them.
I told more than one piece of equipment that if it didn't behave
would
scrap it for parts.

Machines with intermittent faults behave perfectly when I come near
them.

But only when we're there troubleshooting them, right? BTDT.

Generally, the last week I own a car, after I've decided to get rid
of it, the car runs better thanr years - - -

Every few years I drive to the dealership and pretend to be looking to
trade, mainly so I know what I want if I wreck mine, but it also keeps
them humble and obedient.
-jsw