Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default devices of unecessary complexity

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 08:19:07 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 03:26:31 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

That's cool. I envy your vast knowledge/experience base. (I only made
it to half vast.) Had I wanted to go to college, I likely would have
taken both electrical and mechanical engineering courses. My parents
offered to pay the price. But I was too fed up with people, being a
hermit by nature. I chose auto mechanic tech school over college, as
machines don't talk back.

Sure they do. You can even carry on conversations with some of them.
I told more than one piece of equipment that if it didn't behave I would
scrap it for parts.

Surprising how many appear to have extra-sensory perceptionin that
regard. I just need to get close to them, intent on finding what is
wrong, and having (only to misbehave again when I leave, in many
cases)

My favorite techie quote:

Never underestimate the innate animosity of inanimate objects.

--
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
-- Sophocles