Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default devices of unecessary complexity

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Larry Jaques wrote:

That's cool. I envy your vast knowledge/experience base. (I only
made
it to half vast.) Had I wanted to go to college, I likely would
have
taken both electrical and mechanical engineering courses. My
parents
offered to pay the price. But I was too fed up with people, being a
hermit by nature. I chose auto mechanic tech school over college,
as
machines don't talk back.

Sure they do. You can even carry on conversations with some of
them.
I told more than one piece of equipment that if it didn't behave I
would
scrap it for parts.

Machines with intermittent faults behave perfectly when I come near
them.

-jsw