Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default What would you use for a 100 foot long clothesline 50 feet up?

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 21:34:22 -0400, wrote:

I've seen oak trees ~250 years old and none were 50' tall, if I
remember correctly.

It depends on the type of oak. The white oaks behind my house in
Maryland were planted around the end of WWII and they were 12" in
diameter at the base and over 50' tall in 1971 when I bought the
house.

I was thinking Live Oaks... in the South.

"...The Angel Oak is the property of and maintained by the City of
Charleston, South Carolina. The tree could be as old as 1500 years but
attempts to age the tree have failed. It stands 65 feet tall and the
crown covers an area of 17,000 square feet. Its longest limb is 89
feet long."

http://forestry.about.com/od/treeandforestcelebration/ss/angel_oak.htm