Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default What would you use for a 100 foot long clothesline 50 feet up?

"Jason Marshall" wrote in message
worldhosting.com
I have a third-story window that goes out to a grove of oak trees where
want to attach a clothesline from the window to the trees about 100 feet
away.

I will go to Home Depot and ask for clothes line, but, before I do, do
you have experience with something like this that you can make
recommendations?

Are you asking about the type of rope to use?

"Clothesline" rope is cotten. It rots.

Polypropylene floats. Beyond that, it is useless.

Nylon is strong but it stretches. It also degrades - slowly - in
sunlight.

Dacron is strong and stretches less. It also degrades in sunlight but
less so than nylon.

You won't find anything useful at Home Depot. Go to a marine store...you
may not find anything there either but you can on line.

--

dadiOH