Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
robobass robobass is offline

Default devices of unecessary complexity

Or the tongue-in-cheek motto applied to Mercedes-Benz: "Never use two

parts to do a job when you can get away with three." g

OTOH, when you have three parts, you can replace one of them. B-)

Nowadays, we have modules which are plug and play, do multiple

functions, and can't really be repaired. Not cost effectively,

compared to removing and replacing.

--

pyotr filipivich

I needed to change the thermostat on my Alfa Romeo. On every car I've owned previously, it cost a few dollars and replacement involved removing two or three bolts from a hose fitting on the block. On my Alfa, the thermo was integrated into the entire housing. It cost over a hundred, and took 45 minutes to change out!