Posted to alt.home.repair
BenignBodger BenignBodger is offline

Default What would you use for a 100 foot long clothesline 50 feet up?

On 9/22/2014 5:36 PM, Jason Marshall wrote:
I have a third-story window that goes out to a grove of oak trees where I
want to attach a clothesline from the window to the trees about 100 feet
away.

I will go to Home Depot and ask for clothes line, but, before I do, do
you have experience with something like this that you can make
recommendations?

So, when the wind blows and the trees sway, is the line supposed to stretch
and shrink or will you be providing some mechanism to absorb the movement?
If you don't allow for movement of the trees then you will need some _very_
strong rope to handle the task and regular clothes line isn't likely up to
it. Don't forget that the rope, whatever it is, will need to handle the
weather and UV damage since, at 100 feet, it won't be taken down after
every use.