Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The continuing hard drive worries.

On 22/09/14 16:17, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

In fact the one thing I had to do at deep console level was to get rid
of Mint Mates propensity to add in folders called 'My this, 'My that'
and 'My the ****ing other' on the desktop, like wot Windows does.

Having been working with Mint in a VM I'm just surprised how little of
it is configurable from the GUI [1]. I actually *want* to have icons on
my desktop for mounted devices, but I'm buggered if I can see any way
to make that happen.

Oh, that happens by default if you turn that feature on.

see 'desktop settings' in mate

I think its pretty similar in cinnamon - no sure about the other wm's

[1] Even worse with vanilla Ubuntu.