Ken Moon

Default As long as Arch is Elsewhere

"Ralph Fedorak" wrote in message
news:OnBTb.8897$7O2.3476@edtnps89...
Its interesting that you should say that. One of my first bowls that I
turned app. 20 years ago was with a spindle gouge, skew chisel and
parting tool - all to hollow it out. That was befor " I KNEW BETTER". I
still use this bowl today

Harry B. Pye wrote:

Hi,
Sounds like the lesson to learn here is to learn how to use any tools you
have available, then if have funds available, you may want to upgrade. Just
don't expect to get better results just because you got better tools. They
still have to be operated in a competent manner to produce an acceptable end
product. I've seen screwdrivers, files, wires, nails, saw blades, and wood
chisels (I use a 3/8 wood chisel as a bedan on a regular basis) used for
turning tools with great results.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX