Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default The continuing hard drive worries.

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 20/09/2014 11:36, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Lamb wrote:

Andy Burns writes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171424219178
That's about a 5 year old model

Are they all likely to be that old? Is there an easy way of checking
vintage?

The clue on those ones is that it is a "Pentium D" which pre-dates the
Core and Core Duo processors, and the current Core2 processors, likely
to be a bit more power hungry if leaving it on 24x7.

If Tim wants a better machine I am sure I have some cast off Core2Duo
E7xxx class machines going spare* for the cost of delivery. (you will
need to add your own OS) and possibly HD (although I can lob one of
those in if you want)

I have been considering this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STONE-DESK...COMPUTER-WINDO
WS-7-PRO-32-BIT-INTERNET-READY-/271562221742?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Bit nervous about the DVD rw. I need to read CDs for the photo album:-)
Ignorance on display!

--
Tim Lamb