Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

Default Widlar's Early Treatise on Semiconductors

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 14:23:20 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 14:18:59 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

[snip]
If you know enough to fake the
lab data, you know enough.

Well, you also have to know enough to get the wrong answer, by the
right amount, particularly in chem labs.

Absolutely! At MIT we called it "dry lab" ;-)

Same at UIUC. I only did it for chem, though. Hopeless courses with
even less useful labs, intended only to waste *loads* of time and thin
the herd. Physics wasn't much different. It was only next to useless
(third semester was absurd).