Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The continuing hard drive worries.

In article ,
Tim Lamb wrote:
As has been pointed out, Towers with Windows 7/32bit are readily
available on the refurbished market.

What problems am I likely to run into attempting to transfer software
for which I do not have installation discs. Clonezilla was suggested.

If you already have a Win7 machine with the software you want, cloning its
hard disc and fitting that to another machine can work - although you'll
likely have go through the hoops of making Windows happy about this.

I don't think it's possible to simply transfer any software into another
Windows installation - you'll need the original installation discs.

--
*Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.