Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Lost fob for keyless car door locking system

On 9/17/2014 1:05 AM, Leif Neland wrote:
Amanda Riphnykhazova udtrykte pręcist:
Any one got any ideas as to how to identify the frequency for the
lock/unlock function? And if I do, how easy is it to find another
transmitter at that frequency which controls a simple on/off switch?

Model unidentifiable though I am informed that UK models of this make
only used two frequencies, 315 and 433 Mhz

US models however used different frequencies. Curiously enough
people say that the 315 and 433 Mhz fobs can be bought but the
mysterious american ones can't. And that since the car was built in
the mid 1990s, technology has moved so far forward (on a simple on/off
switch??) that the technology is obsolete and new fobs are
unavailable; and that I have to buy another receiver unit and
matching fob at a cost of $600!

Does this sound plausible?

Sounds plausible.

I lost one key to the (dealer-mounted?) immobilizer, and went to the
company in Magdeburg, who sold millions around 15 years ago, when
immobilizers got mandatory in Germany.
They had a little plastic bag with the remaining couple of hundred
rfid-chips. When they were gone, there were no more...

Leif

Just for fun, the cost to get the ignition key copied for my 17 year
Lexus is $60. Oddball type key.
Mikek

---