Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Garage roller shutter door recommendations?

It happens that Roger Mills formulated :
On 15/09/2014 18:57, Bob wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for roller shutter garage doors or
any tips of what to watch out for? We are in Leeds.

Yes - avoid them like the plague - they're horribly flimsy. Go for a decent
sectional door instead. OK, you need more space, but you'll have a much
stronger job which will also be a lot more draft-proof.

A bit OTT! I have had one which I installed myself to replace an up and
over, which I fitted 6 years ago. Its been absolutely fine. I maybe
would not recommend installing it where it might be subjected to
vandalism, but mine is quite safe 20 yards up my drive and even at the
road side, it would not be likely to be vandalised anyway.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)