Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Amanda Riphnykhazova Amanda Riphnykhazova is offline

Default Lost fob for keyless car door locking system

Well the manufacturer now says that the fob for my car's VIN is a 315MHz one or that all fobs they sold in the US are 315MHz frequency. Which is a bit odd as a parts supplier in the UK told me that he can get 315MHz and 433MHz ones but that the other (foreign market) ones are no longer being made.

RemotesUnlimited were unhelpful in the extreme, though she agreed that the frequency is irrelevant. When I asked about 315MHz systems, she said that all systems are different, some are 315, some are 325, some are 433MHz.

I couldnt figure out how a 315MHz system could also be these other frequencies and saw her answer as a snow job. When I tried asking her if it was possible to program a code into the system she gave me yet another snow job, though she did say that her answer might be less of a snow job if I could let her know who manufactured the system.

However, the local dealer says that for a few hundred bucks, they can program the code into the remote (or maybe they meant program both with a new matching code). They seemed quite sure about this and even quoted me a not particularly exorbitant price to do this if I can get the basic fob.

RemotesUnlimited started to get very limited indeed when one tries to ask about fobs from manufacturers which arent on their very limited list, and she said they dont do remotes for BMW, Audi, Honda, Jag, Rolls, and a whole list of other makes.

(BTW CONGRATS On pronouncing my name: Most cant figure it out)