Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] mroberds@att.net is offline

Default Lost fob for keyless car door locking system

Amanda Riphnykhazova wrote:
I suppose this thread looks a bit troll like

The name doesn't help, that's for sure.

if viewed as a 'the frequency isnt the important bit, it's the codes
which matter' question.

You have been given several suggestions, including:

- Ask the car manufacturer.
- Ask a junkyard/wrecker.
- Ask an aftermarket auto parts store.

I would also add "ask Remotes Unlimited, at
http://www.remotesunlimited.com/ ". They supply some of the fobs sold
at aftermarket auto parts stores, and claim to have a wide variety
available. I am not affiliated with this company in any way.

You have not disclosed which ones of these you have tried (if any), or
what the results were (if any). You do claim

But what I am being told is that the reason I cant simply order a new
fob is because (as I said) technology has moved on and security
companies arent doing things that way now.

which sounds like BS from someone who wasn't really interested in
helping. In my experience, this sounds like something from a car dealer
parts department - they either don't have the parts anymore (even though
it may be available in the world from some other vendor), or they feel
you're going to balk at their pricing for the parts on a 20-year-old
car.

As has been noted, maybe you're trying to break into someone else's car.
The fob suppliers have experience with that question too, and may be
giving you a canned answer if they suspect that is the case.

This is sci.electronics.repair. If you want to solve your problem,
you're in the right place. If you just want to whine about the cost or
unavailability of parts, we're not that good at being a hugbox. Try
Tumblr or something.

Matt Roberds