Keith

Default I lied

I think this is the method Richard Raffan uses in his video. This must be
why it takes him about 4 seconds to hollow a box and it takes me about 20
minutes not including 4 re-chucks!

"Ken Moon" wrote in message
ink.net...
Reyd,
"Back hollowing" is a technique used for removing a large amount of

material
in a short time, mainly in small to medium boxes, but also in some bowl
work. It is NOT something a new turner wants to try without some hands on
help from an experienced turner. It involves starting your hollowing cut

at
the 12:00 o'clock position on the end of the blank (with the flute of the
gouge facing 1:00), and rotating the gouge as you cut toward the 4:00
o'clock position (against rotation). It makes for spectacular catches

unless
you have help to begin with (even some after the help)!
Good luck,

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX

"Reyd Dorakeen" wrote in message
fir turns greatly I made a large bowl(for me) using Mr. Feltmate's
suggestion of between centers, I never could get it to work well for

smaller
bowls but for bigger ones it works well. I was wondering, what exactly

is
back hollowing, is it going the other way (from center to the lip) with

the
tool pointing the opposite of normal?