Posted to uk.d-i-y
puffernutter[_2_] puffernutter[_2_] is offline

Default Garage roller shutter door recommendations?

On Wednesday, 17 September 2014 10:08:37 UTC+1, F wrote:
On 16/09/2014 11:00, David P wrote:

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 18:57:45 +0100, Bob wrote:

Does anyone have any recommendations for roller shutter garage doors or

any tips of what to watch out for? We are in Leeds.

Hormann roller shutters.

We have a sectional Hormann and 2 roller shutters by them - all are well

made. Reason for the shutters is the height of the doors but really

little to choose quality wise.

We had them all fitted by a Leeds firm over the period of a couple of

years about 4 years ago - excellent service and competitive on prices.

(ABI)

We have a Hormann sectional from ABI in Leeds. Recommended.

I'd like to have a go at building my own as I cannot afford to have one fitted and I've never seen one the right size come up on Ebay (yet)!
What material would people recommend to use for the panels? In my case it's more to keep out draughts, weather and prying eyes. I do have all the hinges, rollers and other gear, I can weld up the tracks, I've even got a suitable motor! I'm just struggling with finding a suitable material that has the strength but at the same time is light weight.