Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Amanda Riphnykhazova Amanda Riphnykhazova is offline

Default Lost fob for keyless car door locking system

I suppose this thread looks a bit troll like if viewed as a ' the frequency isnt the important bit, it's the codes which matter' question.

But what I am being told is that the reason I cant simply order a new fob is because (as I said) technology has moved on and security companies arent doing things that way now. I accept that there werent just a few possibilities then and potentially millions now.

BTW I didn't understand the bit where I said that I have a lost fob and the perceived wisdom was "put fresh batteries in the bit you have lost, put that lost bit which you are trying to replace next to an Android phone with WiFi Analyser installed, and start pushing buttons on the bit which isnt there"