Ricc Havens

Default Lathe comparison

The Delta has a 14" X 40" capacity where the Jet is a 12" X 36" capacity.

Go to www.woodcentral.com. search the turning message boards for the 46-715
also known as delta 1440.

You will find some recent discussions pro and con. Like any brand, there
are lemons and there are great pieces of equipment. I have the Delta
46-715 and have had to replace only the belt. Another local woodworker
bought the lathe after trying mine. He has had lots of problems.

Good Luck
Ricc Havens
Elkhart, IN

"Joe C" wrote in message
m...
I'm purchasing a lathe and am deciding between the Jet JWL-1236 and the
Delta 46-715. There's about a $240 difference between the two (Delta

$640,
Jet $400) but I can't really figure out what additional features you get

for
the rather large difference in price.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?