john

Default Different versions of the Nova DVR 3000?

Hi all,

I just got my new Nova DVR 3000 on monday. It's the 100rpm minimum
speed version. I have roughed out 3 bowls so far ( 1 Yew, 1 Cedar, 1
Spalted Chestnut ) and i have finished a Spalted Birch Bowl ( approx
7" diameter ) and a very out of round Sycamore Blank ( approx 10"
diameter ) and this is all with it just sitting on the top of a bench,
not even bolted down. I find it a very solidly built lathe and the
speed range is more than sufficient for my needs.

In my oppinion, it's an excellent Lathe for the money, then again its
a very big step up from the Record Power DML 24x ( 8" swing ) i used
up til now.

As soon as i get it bolted to my new steel bench i'm making i hope to
turn some larger diameter stuff. Have some very large Chunks of wet
sycamore waiting to be turned into shavings.

John