Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default DeWalt drill battery question

Terry Coombs wrote:
I managed to fry one of the batteries to my DeWalt 18v drill , and
I'm a bit confused ... My batteries are model DC9098 . I find all
kinds of replacement batteries , and one of the most common is a DW ,
not a DC 9098 . I see a difference in the A/Hour ratings , and wonder
if this is the difference in the letter designation . I'd match the
battery to the model of the drill , but the tag with the number is
damaged . I've been a fan of the Dewalt drills for over 20 years ,
and until now the only battery failures I've seen were due to not
completely draining them to dead before charging .

Running batteries to "dead" is the worst thing you can do to them.