kitchenman

Default (Slightly) unusual kitchen sink "geometry" needed

If there is enough space at the corner of the existing sink why not fit the
new ponsey tap there, all you need is a 35mm hole. Ikea sell the punch for
about £10.

Then buy a blank to cover the old 35mm hole.

Total cost less than a new sink & all the work involved.

--
regards
Dave Batter
"Clive Long,UK" wrote in message
om...
Due to a B*lls up on my part, my wondrous new kitchen double-glazing
only partly opens because my mixer tap impedes it. The sink is a
conventional stell single bowl, single drainer with "mono-blok" tap (I
don't know what it is really called). Now I'm happy enough with the
tap and sink, but I know that window non-opening is going to drive me
nuts.

So ..... bright idea.

I need to replace the worksurface, and stainles steel sinks are not
too expensive. Does anyone know of a sink model where the tap fitting
is in the "corner" of the sink bowl rather than "between" the bowl and
drainer. In this way I can get the pipe out of the way of the window
opening (well pretty much). Unfortunately the mono-bloc tap will have
to go as one of the tap heads will be in the wrong place to easily
use. So I would replace trusty "mono-bloc" tap with one of these
ponsey all-in-one heat/flow controller lever operated taps. Is there
any "pre-formed" sink remotely like this?

The only other solution I thought of is a corion work surface with
"under-sinks" and the taps "recessed" into the worksurface - but that
would look too "now" for my rather "then" kitchen.

Other bright ideas or warnings?

Thanks

Clive