Leif Thorvaldson

Default Well it seemed like a good idea...

Red: I am talking about any log from three feet in length up to ten feet.
The splitting of smaller pieces and removal of the pith is an archaic method
promulgated by antirevolutionary elements. I understand that some success
is enjoyed in that technique. *G*

Leif
"Reyd Dorakeen" wrote in message
do you mean leave them whole, or split em down the middle or what?(I'm
trying to find the best way to get more wood out of the bits I have, I had
some really beautiful stuff with purple and green streaks, but I got

little
out of two crotches and a longer branch, the whole lot of it got big

splits
all the way down. and it was drying outside in cool weather.

snip
Another alternative is to leave the wood in logs as long (length) as
possible. The ends may crack but those can be cut off to expose

uncracked
wood further in. snip