Posted to rec.woodworking
Kevin Miller[_2_] Kevin Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Hanging a deck

On 09/14/2014 04:07 AM, Morgans wrote:

wrote

on a 4 foot or higher deck I agree. On a 2 foot high deck, it is
overkill and it is becomming much more common to make it basically a
"patio" which sits on the ground. But made of lumber (and now even
steel) supported above ground

No arguments with anything here. I would add that sometimes even a
higher deck can be made free standing and made practical.

I would add that the plastic wood is pretty cool to work with. I can't
see it ever rotting or getting tattered.

Some of that "plastic wood" actually has wood fibers in it. It can rot.
I've a contractor friend here that has had to replace such decks...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska