Razz

Default Well it seemed like a good idea...

"Leif Thorvaldson" wrote in
:

Good deal, Razz! As stated above there are a few gaps in
the method, but at least someone is trying to develop some
new methods. I must admit that I have tried the same
method, but didn't brush on nearly as many coats as you
did. Needless to say, it may have delayed the cracking a
bit, but crack they did. Since that time, I have
recommended using the usual endcote/endseal for longer term
storage of green wood that you can't get immediately to.

I have looked at doing some anchorseal but because of expense
and the fact I'm not usually there as the trees are felled, I've
held off. I'm just getting back into turning after about a 10
year break, so working all green woods right now. From what
I've read the anchorseal needs to be applied immediately after
cutting and their website statistics say it only increases
usable wood 6 - 9% if done right away. Doesn't sound like very
good odds for the expense. SWMBO's sister and brother in-law
have a tree service, so I'm getting choice from about a half -
acre of 10' tree trunks that haven't been split yet. He is
setting aside burls and crotches for me to pick up, since they
are more trouble than they are worth for fire wood splitting, he
says... fine with me set em aside I'll gladly take em off his
hands.

Razz

If I can't screw it down! I can always screw it up!