Bob Edwards

Default Well it seemed like a good idea...

Razz wrote in message ...
After following all these comments on LDD decided to do some
of my own testing on it. Couldn't locate any of the Costco
LDD here in my area so checked through the rack at the local
store for a clear non-died or perfumed LDD. Settled on trying
out Ivory.

I have several Cherry blanks approx 1100 - 1500 grams 2"-3"x14
that I applied 4-5 brushed on applications to all surfaces and
put in a couple paper bags a month ago and tossed the bag
under the bed in the house. Pulled them out yesterday and
each blank has lost approx. 15 grams of weight and no cracking
found.

2nd test group is several Cherry blanks about the same size
with 4-5 brushed on applications to the ends only then I
capped the ends with some siran wrap and a rubber bands.
Placed on drying rack in garage that for the last month has
averaged 20 degree lows and 50 degree highs. (hot dogger
propane heater on other side of garage) no cracks yet and only
about 5-10 grams weight loss.

3rd test group is a couple walnut blanks where the log was
ripped to 3 sections about 4-5" thick and 15x15. Applied
about 8 applications to all surfaces over a 3 day period and
set on the drying rack. The center section now has a crack
through the heart end to end. Side pieces show minor cracking
at ends.

4th test group is several small Cherry blanks 150 - 250 grams
coated with 4 applications and fully wrapped in siran wrap and
put on drying rack. Very little weight differences a couple
have even gained weight, you can also feel the moisture
through the wrapping.

5th test group same size pieces of Cherry as group 1. Tossed
these into a tub of LDD that sits on the garage floor. Pulled
the lid yesterday it is all frozen solid... LOL. Believe the
LDD has pulled color from the Cherry because it is rather red
- purple colored now. Guess these will sit till spring when
they thaw out and I can see what happens to them.

Razz

If I can't screw it down! I can always screw it up!

What was the mixture LDD/water that you used in the "brush on" test?

Bob Edwards San Antonio