Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default refrigerator freezer troubles

On 09/09/2014 02:32 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Not the same Christ, or your revelation would compliment the
Bible, not contradict it.

CY: I've been LDS for 25 years. We use the King
James extensively, and I've not found any
contradiction.

Hi Stormin',

Wow! Read harder. What do you do, rip half the thing in half
and only read the part you like?

King James Version (KJV):

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (Polytheism)
--Exodus 20 v3

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer
the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last;
and beside me there is no God.
--Isaiah 44 v6

Thou shalt not commit adultery. (Polygamy)
--Exodus 20 v14

Thou shalt not steal. (Lion among sheep)
--Exodus 20 v15

And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this
world marry, and are given in marriage: But they which
shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and
the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are
given in marriage (Celestial families)
--Luke 20, vs 34-35

If ye love me, keep my commandments.
--John 14, vs 15

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold,
a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call
his name Immanuel.
--Isaiah 7 v 14

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth
a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being
interpreted is, God with us.
--Matthew 1 v23

And on and on and on and on. Here is a good run down for you:
http://carm.org/comparison-between-c...ormon-doctrine

By the way, this is what Mormons believe about Jesus' birth:

"The birth of the Saviour was as natural as are the births
of our children; it was the result of natural action. He
partook of flesh and blood--was begotten of his Father,
as we were of our fathers,"
--Journal of Discourses, vol. 8, p. 115

"Christ was begotten by an Immortal Father in the same way
that mortal men are begotten by mortal fathers"
--Mormon Doctrine, by Bruce McConkie, p. 547

You have to understand how disgusting the above sounds to
Christians. That is one of the reasons, among others, why it is so
disrespectful of you to call yourselves Christians, when you
are you own religion with little nothing to do with Christianity
or any other form of monotheism for that matter. You are
very similar to the Romans and Greek with their multiple gods
with human failings.

Here is the thing about the Bible. It does not change.
The teachings of the Christian Jesus do not change.
He is the single and only God. He does not make mistakes.
That is why you don't see the words of the Christian Jesus
being changed by revelation. He told us what we need
to know and we are to follow it in obedience.

This is what I mean by revelations to us complimenting the
Bible, not overturning it.

IF ANY REVELATION OVERTURNS JESUS WORD, THEN IT FAILS THE
STINK TEST. And, coincidentally, make the Bible only
sightly better than toilet paper.

And, speaking of overturning revelations, this is what Christians
call "moral relativism". If you want to cheat your gentile
business partner or have sex with multiple partners without the
fear of the clap, "oh look", a revelation that says we don't
have to follow the commandments. Or, if we want statehood,
oh look, another revelations that overturn a previous
revelation. Can we say SINK TEST? Can we say MORAL RELATIVISM?

On the other hand, the Christian God (singular) will honor you
in your good works. Meaning, I am still going to hit you
over the head with a rolled up newspaper in heaven. Maybe
even make you fix my celestial refrigerator too.

-T