Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default kill them all! - the new gas can?

On 9/11/14, 12:14 PM, nestork wrote:

;3282468 Wrote:

...It is not a DOT approved container ... and probably not red.

I had a guy screw with me once about putting gas in a diesel can and
that is the same can, just yellow.

Is there some Department of Transportation regulation that requires gas
cans to be red and the corresponding cans for diesel fuel to be yellow?

It does occur to me that every Wedco plastic gas container I've ever
seen has been red in colour, but it never crossed my mind that it was
SUPPOSED to be red.

And, is there any reason for this?

A neighbor didn't care about can colors. When she lit her kerosene
heater, it became obvious that she'd filled it with gasoline. She
escaped injury, but the mobile home she was fixing to rent, was destroyed.