Dr. Deb

Default Supernova chuck pricing?

ghayward wrote:

I live in Cape Town South Africa & am about to purchase a Supernova chuck
& adapter for my lathe. The price is R1800 which works out to more than
US$260. This is almost as much as I paid for my lathe! Is this a
reasonable price? I don't mind spending on quality tools but this appears
to be out of proportion to other equipment I've bought. What prices out
there have other people paid?

Graeme Hayward

Graeme, If you just "gotta" have a supernova try do a "Google" search and
look for a place in Vancouver Canada. price is quite a bit below what you
paid. A second alternative is go to the Penn State Industries site and
look at their chucks. They have a Chinese knock off for about $45.00US and
a house brand for not a whole lot more.

Deb