Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default kill them all! - the new gas can?

"Danny D." writes:

BobMCT wrote, on Wed, 10 Sep 2014 21:47:29 -0400:

Then I purchased a battery operated siphon pump from
eBay for $15 and it pumps 5 gals in about 3 mins and there are zero
spills. I wish one could buy simple caps for these, though.

I siphon all the time, as the wife hates to fill up at the gas station.
It takes me about 4 minutes and change to empty five gallons off the
roof of her car, but I use a ten-foot clear hose, of about 1/2 inch ID
and use mouth suction.

Every once in a while, it gets me.

I've learned a few tricks, such as having three hoses so that I can do
three five-gallon cans in sequence without breathing in any vapors.

Hey, I remember the guy with the nutty wife story.
Seriously, instead of enabling nuttiness, you should be
doing something to stop it.

50 gallons of gas is around 400 pounds. That does wonders for
your gas mileage, and is seriously dangerous. We just had a woman
die in NJ, partly due to gas fumes in her car. Those cans can easily
rupture in an accident.

--
Dan Espen