Posted to alt.home.repair

Default refrigerator freezer troubles

On 9/9/2014 2:58 PM, Todd wrote:
On 09/09/2014 04:50 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
You and several dozen other churches claim the Bible
as your authority.

Actually, we claim authority over the Bible. Everything
in the Bible (and not in the Bible) was decided by my
church. If you believe in the Bible, you accept our
authority over its content.

CY: Baah, you Bible readers can't even agree on
what the book says.

But you don't agree on doctrine,
scripture, which books, or how to interpret them.

There is very little difference between Christians.

CY: I don't believe that.

So,
I find that a very weak argument.

You are correct, sometimes various of us sweat
over things that are trivial. Especially since
we were commanded not to.

If I remember correctly, the sweating between various
Mormon sects, FLDS, for instance, dwarfs any sniping
between Christians.

CY: FLDS are apostate, so whatever they said about
the true church is likely to be a bit pointed.

The LDS church was founded by Christ, named after him,
and we have the authority of priesthood and continuing
revelation. Far outweighs "well, we read the Bible".

Not the same Christ, or your revelation would compliment the
Bible, not contradict it.

CY: I've been LDS for 25 years. We use the King
James extensively, and I've not found any
contradiction.