Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone else using thunderbird 31?

On 09/09/14 07:52, Lobster wrote:
On 09 Sep 2014, The Natural Philosopher grunted:

Because I hate what mine is doing...see the compose window....

Not here; but probably because my 'compose' window is handled by a
really excellent add-on called 'Identity Chooser' - as I use multiple
accounts on my Thunderbird, it's a method of preventing you from
accidentally sending from the wrong account (something IIRC you've done
here yourself in the past?!).

Personally I wouldn't be without it now; and it certainly gets round the
issues you've just reported too.

See the blurb from 'About Identity Chooser' below:

Identity Chooser helps you to choose the correct identity when composing
a new email.Do you remember the first time you accidentally sent a work
related email from your private email account? Embarrassing, right?
Identity Chooser helps you to prevent that. It makes choosing the sender
address explicit:

€¢ Do you want to compose a new email? Identity Chooser forces you to
choose the sender address first.

€¢ Do you want to forward an email? Identity Chooser forces you to choose
the sender address first.

€¢ Do you want to send a new email to a contact in your address book?
Identity Chooser forces you to choose the sender address first.

To make it short: Every time you'll create a new message, Identity
Chooser shows you a menu with all your identities. And as a second line
of defense, Identity Chooser uses colors in the message composer to help
you detect a wrong sender address.

Everything in Identity Chooser is about making explicit choices. No
automatisms, no defaults.

And as a result you'll never send an email from the wrong email address
again

Mmm. but you can choose identities anyway these days.

Nevertheless for the sake of 10 mins testing, I'll give it a shot