Bill Machin

Default Poison Ivy

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that there is a product on the
market designed specifically to protect us from the ravages of rhus
dermatitis. "Ivy Block" is FDA approved (which I believe means that
it does the job at some level). I think that it binds with the oils
that cause the rash, rather than just being a barrier cream.

I seem to remember reading a few years ago (before the product came to
market) that the Forest Service tested it on fire fighters with
positive results.

I've used it, but come up short of endorsing it because I still do all
I can to avoid contact with the plant.

My two cents worth. Might be worth trying.

Bill