Posted to alt.home.repair

Default refrigerator freezer troubles

On 9/6/2014 5:46 PM, Todd wrote:
Please check for dust in the coils, that's one very
common problem. Also if the big black ball in the
back hums, vibrates, and if it pauses every couple
seconds. Now that I've repeated myself, I'll read
your other posts.

Oh Poop. There are some coils I missed. I will
vac out the front coils. Then report back.

I've found on some fridge, it's necessary to
open the door, and snap off decorative plastic
plate. About four inches tall, and runs the
width of the fridge. You'll need a vacuum cleaner
with a hose in one hand, a flashlight in your
other hand, and a long brush in your other hand.
Close one eye, look in with the eye closest the
floor. Operate the vac cleaner, flash light and
brush with your hands.

Look into the back and make sure the fan still
runs, not blocked with some fiberglass, DAMHIKT.

--
..
Christopher A. Young