Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default refrigerator freezer troubles

In ,
Todd typed:
Hi All,

Help!

refrigerator freezer:
Whirlpool GR2SHKXKQ
21.6 cu ft
Purchased ~ 12/2010

Stinker won't cool below 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Both
sections.

It started out stinking like a burnt tire. Then frost all
over the freezer items.

So I replaced the 4387244 Condenser Fan Motor, which indeed
was leaking oil and not spinning too freely. .....

This probably won't help, and I don't really know a lot about
refrigerator/freezer stuff, but....
maybe try unplugging the unit, wait 5 minutes, then plug it back in. I am
just wondering if the earlier event that caused the burning smell may have
goofed up the software and, if so, maybe doing the "reboot" routine will
work. Unlikely, I know, but it's free to try.