Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default New laser magazine

On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 05:45:35 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

"The kid" spent two years as lead in the laser department.

His company is replacing one of the lasers and just picked a small
group of engineers and shop leads to select which equipment. Their
budget is $600K so they might get a fairly good one.

Anyway, I'll send the magazine link to them. just the kind of
subscribers you are after.

Hey, that's great. Thanks, Karl.

BTW, we're still covering lasers at FAB Shop, too. As I said in my
August editorial, there's just too much going on with lasers right now
for us to stuff it all into FAB Shop:

http://www.fsmdirect.com/

Abbe and I have to figure out how we're going to divide the coverage.

FWIW, the old laser is for sale. A REAL DEAL as they refurbed it, ran
it for a year, and now need more capacity. It will go for scrap weight
price.

"The kid" wants me to buy it. but the unit takes 600 square feet and
weighs 40K lbs. Iggy territory. A smart guy could part out the
handling system to get the size down and have a $100,000 laser for
peanuts.