Peter Teubel

Default Different versions of the Nova DVR 3000?

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 05:42:41 GMT, william kossack wrote:

The Nova DVR would be at the max of what I should spend and
unless someone can show
me something competative within my price range I'll probably end up with
a Nova DVR.

What I'm curious about is the actual differences in the different
versions of the Nova DVR. The question
is, if I found both of the first two types used what would be a good
price to pay. Then the question is
how much benefit is there in really buying the newest version if one of
the older models is available.

When the DVR first came out, people were complaining about the 250rpm slowest speed as too fast. For applying finish, I suppose
that's true. But for a big bandsawn blank, its plenty slow enough. Members of our club have turned 18" diameter by 8" thick
blanks on it (outboard) with no problems at 250rpm.

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com