Posted to alt.home.repair
Guv Bob Guv Bob is offline

Default Labor Day

"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 09/02/2014 5:18 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
"Doug wrote in message ...
"Guv wrote in
m:

Around here, there was hardly a flag put out.

That's because Labor Day is not, and never has been, a day on which it's traditional to
display the flag.[*] The days on which it *is* traditional are Memorial Day, Flag Day,
Independence Day, and Veterans Day.

[* -- not the *American* flag, anyway...]

Never heard that before. Is that a local custom? Here's what the US CFR says...

Most folks never heard of CFR in general, what more know there's
actually a regulation concerning same. "Custom" goes far deeper than law.

Yes, that's true. I was surprised myself that the CFR actually lists so many days. I was expecting only a list of federal holidays. Never heard of anyone putting the flag out for Mothers Day.