Mark Hopkins

Default Poison Ivy

Damitol works well if used as directed.
snicker
"Larry" wrote in message
om...
Instead of Zanfel, try wild Jewelweed. It's a folk remedy for
stinging nettle. Supposedly Jewelweed will always be growing in the
same area as stinging nettle (though not the reverse, it often grows
alone). I have found that it works very well on all types of dermal
problems, includind contact dermatitis and poison ivy. It even takes
the ich out of mosquito bites. If you can't find some growing wild
try your local nursery and get some New Guinea Impatiens. I've found
these effective also. Just crush the succulent stems and rub the
juice on the affected area.

You wrote snipI used to be only allergic to the smoke (figure that
one out!) but I got this case from brushing up against it with a bare
leg. Man, I hope this isn't something new.snip

I hate to say it but it sure sounds like it. People can go a long time
with multiple exposures before receiving a single "sensitizing dose"
and becoming (fully) allergic. As far as I know there is no
understanding of why, all of a sudden, people go from being immune to
being allergic. You might want to be real careful around it from now
on.