David Babcock

Default Poison Ivy

As a former land manager we control burned scrub and dead wood over many
acres. We knew and expected Poison Ivy and Oak to be present in most of
those areas. We needed to inform the town, get permits, and have some
oversight before burning. All person were supplied with respirators and
chemical suits. Other precautions were taken as well. But no fatalities.

Dave

"Ecnerwal" wrote in message
In article 7XHOb.96530$I06.427219@attbi_s01,
"David Babcock" wrote:

Ditto, poison Ivy remains infectious in any state, other than ashes, but
don't be near the fire while burning

There's an understatement. Poison ivy smoke is a good way to get killed.
Burning brush or wood contaminated with poison ivy is a very bad idea.