AHilton

Default Poison Ivy

Absolutely. I had a bad case of it this summer and did some research. I
don't remember the specifics but it surprised me. I'm wanting to remember
that the oils (that's where the active stuff resides) in it can remain
"active" for several months to a year on a completely dried plant and up to
5 years in some cases and even on clothes. Double check those numbers but
it was something outrageous.

A fantastic person on this list told me about Zanfel. It's terribly
expensive and not easily found but it works wonders with ivy rash. I nearly
cried when it took away the itching/burning in 30 seconds as advertised. It
took 3 treatments over a day to finally kick it but from the first treatment
I was so much better I couldn't hardly believe it. THANK YOU to whomever it
was.

I used to be only allergic to the smoke (figure that one out!) but I got
this case from brushing up against it with a bare leg. Man, I hope this
isn't something new. I'm in this stuff all the time!

- Andrew

"Kirk" wrote in message
Last fall I cut some elm and unfortunately wound up with a poison ivy
rash. Looking at the logs it should have been obvious, I guess I was
caught up in the moment. You know how you get excited about a tree.
Anyway, the logs have been sitting for about 4 months. The poison ivy
vines are still firmly attached to the bark even though they appear to be
dry.

My question is, will this ivy still cause a reaction now that it is dry?

Kirk