Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hair dryers, smartphones and kettles on EU Hit List

On 2014-08-29, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts writes:
On 29/08/14 16:33, Nightjar "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote:
On 29/08/2014 16:19, Tim Watts wrote:
On 29/08/14 16:13, Nightjar "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote:
The new public bog hand dryers that blast a sheet of high speed tepid
air work a lot better than an old style monster that wafts slow hot air
vaguely over your hands...

Paper towels remove more bacteria than either type of air dryer though.

They don't *remove* bacteria, but they don't recontaminate your
damp freshly cleaned hands.

It is true that unmaintained air dryers are a horrible *source* of bugs too.

They are always unmaintained, and yes, they are the least hygenic
way to dry your hands, contrary to what most people imagine.

And because the Die-Soon Airblades(!) don't dry your fingertips, there's
always a pool of festering goo in the bottom of them. Horrid things.

I saw a better version - might still have been a Dyson. It was a small
box that blasted a sheet of fast air out the base - more like a regular
hand dryer. But it literally blasted the water drops off your hands,
tips included.

I do not like the "dip" type - you cannot avoid touching the sides that
is basically mouldy. And they star a bit too early and blow a load of
drops in your face.