Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Antique electrical vault - Pictures

Ignoramus22662 fired this volley in
:

I worked in this vault today for a couple of hours. Most everything was
live.

Employee -- "Boss, I might git kilt, if'n I touched one o' them bus
bars!"
Boss -- "Then don't touch 'em."

It was a whole different philosophy -- one about people's being
responsible for their own actions. Yeah, it was a more dangerous
existance, but at least we didn't have 'govenanny' breathing down our
shirt collars all day.

I love the fact that those rivetted bus bars 'floated' on rollers to
manage expansion with heating from higher current!

LLoyd