Mike S.

Default Big taps?

Peter Teubel wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:16:05 GMT, "Mike S." wrote:

Peter Teubel wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 06:39:29 GMT, Juergen wrote:

Try Ebay. I just got two 1 1/4"-8 taps. They cost me $3 and $9 +
shipping. You just have to be patient and spend some time going through
the searches.

What were the auction numbers for those? I'd like to see how they were listed so I can develop a search myself. Thanks!

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com

delurking for a sec
Well, here's two separate auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2588300733
1" x 8 bottoming tap (this is what I have and it works extremely well)

and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2589190648
1" x 8 plug tap

Thanks, but I have lots of 1"x8TPI taps. Its the 1.25x8 that I need. And I was wondering how they were listed (i.e. key words,
etc.)

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com

Yes, but Silvan was looking for the 1x8's. I didn't see 1.25" listed,
but the way I found those was by going to the category (Business &
Industrial Metalworking Cutting Tools, Consumables Taps) and doing
a search on the number 8. Brought up a lot of unrelated taps, but the
results were less than a page long.

Doing a search on 1 ("1 4",8) (tap,taps) (everything between the
's)

in the Business & Industrial category brought up 2 pages with a
selection of 1 1/4" taps (Ebay makes these kinds of searches difficult
cause you can't do a search with a slash in it), but none in 8 TPI. A
bunch in 12 TPI and 7 TPI, but not 8.

possible search terms would include: 8, 1.25, "1 4", "1 1 4", "11 4",
tap, taps in whatever combination nets the most signal with the less
noise. (it's a little wierd, but doing a search for "11 4" will bring up
anything that reads 11/4, "1 1 4" - 1 1/4, "1 4" - 1/4)

- Mike